Thursday, November 24, 2011

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ONE AND ALL

Another year gone by, seems like they fly by these days, and so much to be thankful for. On this day set aside each year to give thanks many things come to mind. Without further ado here is my short list of thanks, let us know what you are thankful for.

I can never give thanks enough for the blessings in my life and everything starts with God. While many of us pay lip service to this most basic thing I know I would be nothing without Him.

I am thankful for my family. My wife and my two kids are the bane of my existence, without them I would be wondering lost in this world. They brought me direction early in my life and gave me a reason to go on when things looked the dimmest.

I am thankful as well for my extended family. The in-laws, cousins, Aunts, Uncles, brothers, sisters, and everyone involved who had some small part in making me who I am today.

I am thankful that I am overall healthy.

I am thankful for the thousands each day who support me and look to me for information that may make their lives better. Without you LNP would be nothing more than a rant rag without meaning or substance.

It is because of you that we have been able to continue on and make a difference together by holding our leaders accountable to a standard we deserve.

Finally, I am thankful for our men and women who serve in the military. Though today is hard for so many of them being away from home and their families, as a veteran each of you are members of my extended family, I am thankful for each and every one of you who willingly serve to protect my way of life.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of your service and pray for a speedy return. You are the real heroes of this day and some of us remember that.

To each and every one of you from each of us at LNP have a very Happy Thanksgiving with many more to come.

Ed
Listen daily from 7-8pm at The Ed Springston Show. Also visit Louisville Politics for more details and in depth coverage of local political and news issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading LNP. Open and honest discussions of local politics and relevant issues is important to voter understanding. Please listen to the "Ed Springston Show". We broadcast Monday through Thursday evenings at 7 PM on local media outlets. Please check for the links.
Yours truly,
Ed Springston

9/11 Twenty-One Years later....

This will not be the post you expect from the headline. Fair warning..... Most remember the events of 9/11. How anyone could forget I have n...