Friday, January 15, 2010

84WHAS FRANCENE DEAD AT 43

Francene Cucinello, known as Francene by regular 84 WHAS radio listeners, has passed away at the age of 43.

Francene had her own unique style on air and many including myself were huge fans. I met Francene personally the first time when running for Mayor in 2006. She was one that believed in equal access and was gracious enough to allow me equal voice.

From that began a friendship I cannot describe. Whether you liked Francene, agreed with her politics, or with her generally, one thing was for sure. She aways said what she felt and spoke from the heart. Off air she was as kind and generous as anyone I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Words cannot describe the sorrow I feel along with many others throughout the community for the passing of our beloved Francene.

From Chris Thieneman press release:

“I am deeply saddened by the loss of my dear and good friend Francene Cucinello. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends during this time of surprising loss. Francene touched the hearts and minds of so many in this community, and I hope each of us celebrate her life and dedication to Louisville. She spent her life bettering those around her, and her passion for life will be greatly missed. Many knew her as a radio personality, but I am grateful that I knew her as my friend.”

I am speechless. My prayers are with the Cucinello family and each of us that considered her a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading LNP. Open and honest discussions of local politics and relevant issues is important to voter understanding. Please listen to the "Ed Springston Show". We broadcast Monday through Thursday evenings at 7 PM on local media outlets. Please check for the links.
Yours truly,
Ed Springston

9/11 Twenty-One Years later....

This will not be the post you expect from the headline. Fair warning..... Most remember the events of 9/11. How anyone could forget I have n...