Wednesday, October 15, 2008

ELECTION PREDICTIONS

Many have asked that I handicap the upcoming elections and who I support. My endorsements are in bold next to the race. Predictions are at the end of each synopsis. So with that in mind here we go.

PRESIDENT: Obama/Biden

In all honesty this has been a bad year for Presidential nominees. I believe we certainly could have better candidates but I believe Obama/Biden's time has come. I believe the time for change is here. McCain appears to really have no clue and has seemingly sold out from the "Maverick" he tries to say he is from the one he used to be.

Obama wins by 5%

US SENATE: Bruce Lunsford.

While Bruce has baggage of his own Mitch McConnell's time has long since past. He is a dinosaur with either no clue or just plain does not care about the people anymore. He has sided with this disastrous administration that has destroyed the financial basis of this great Country and eroded the moral fiber lower than I have ever seen. Bruce may have baggage but he would be a fresh face at that level.

A nail biter but McConnell wins by 2%.

3rd CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT: John Yarmuth

Anne has had her time and in all honesty I just never got her. She always seemed to be a follower not a leader and her campaign tactics have always left me turned off. Yarmuth on the other hand has pleasantly surprised me. He is doing a good job overall and spends more time here with We The People in his first term than Anne did in all her years. As long as he continues being in touch he will have my support.

Yarmuth by 8%

37Th SENATORIAL DISTRICT: Doug Hawkins

Many have portrayed Doug as someone who just likes to stir the pot for his own ego in the media. I disagree. While no doubt many like the media attention in politics Doug has genuinely tried to make even the most mundane subjects of his district and the Southwest overall relevant. He has withstood the criticism and continued to fight the fight. Perry Clark has been relatively quiet this term and some think his heart just isn't in it. One person I spoke with when I asked who they supported in this election did not even know Perry's name. Not a good sign for an incumbent.

While I think both can do a good job the time is now for change and I believe Hawkins is the one to accomplish that.

However, the Democratic faithful will prevail in our neck of the woods and I predict Perry Clark will win by less than 3%

METRO COUNCIL DISTRICT 14: Bob Heuglin

What can I say. Henderson is a puppet, Pepper doesn't even know if he is a registered Republican or not in the primary, and has yet to speak of anything other than the price of wheat and corn in his campaign. Not one thing a Councilman can do about that. Jennifer Wood has no experience whatsoever to draw on. Her dad Jack Wood does all her talking for her and it is impossible to find out what she really stands for. As her campaign manager extraordinaire Jack Wood has only pushed one agenda and says publicly that she will win because she is a pretty young female. That campaign tactic does not address the issues this area faces.

It will be close with all the pretenders in the race but regrettably the Democratic faithful will pull Henderson through. Henderson in a close one of less than 3%

4 TH SUPREME COURT DISTRICT: LISABETH HUGHES ABRAMSON

Not the best choices overall IMO. Shake is as political as they come and a political insider in my opinion and this job is supposed to be impartial. Abramson has done some good things overall and I believe she has more integrity.

Shake has the edge because of his connections and will win by 4%

CIRCUIT JUDGE 30 TH JUDICIAL DISTRICT 4 TH DIVISION: DOUG KEMPER

I have to admit I believe either candidate here will do a pretty good job I support Kemper based on my talks with him over the last couple of years and his record. His time has finally come in my opinion.

Kemper by 2%

DISTRICT JUDGE 2ND DIVISION: ANN BAILEY SMITH

I will not go against the Citizens for Better Judges on this one. Anne Bailey Smith has more courtroom experience and that matters.

Ann Bailey Smith by 3%

DISTRICT JUDGE 8 TH DIVISION: DAVID BOWLES

Once again Citizens for Better Judges like Mr. Bowles and so do I. A former Jefferson County Police Officer, private practice experience, and the son of a former Judge. It is in his blood. He can see both sides of the issues with his experience in law enforcement. I will give the edge based on that.

Bowles by 4%

DISTRICT JUDGE 16 TH DIVISION: DAVID HOLTON

This should really be a no brainer and David ordinarily would win this handily. In this case though Katie King is using daddy's money to buy an election she has no reason to be in. Katie has all kinds of accusations against her right now including a 911 call with drugs in her home in 2004, a recent one earlier this year for harassing an ex boyfriend, and has even been found guilty of ethics violations in this campaign. This immaturity is not something we need on the bench judging others. David is an experienced guy, extremely intelligent, even tempered and ethical. He is the one other judges would come to for help even before he was appointed the seat until election. He is the man for the job, however, the KINGdom will spend whatever they have to spend to get Katie in.

A nail biter but I have faith people will see through the charade. Holton by 2%

These are my endorsements, opinions and predictions.

One question remains.

Where are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading LNP. Open and honest discussions of local politics and relevant issues is important to voter understanding. Please listen to the "Ed Springston Show". We broadcast Monday through Thursday evenings at 7 PM on local media outlets. Please check for the links.
Yours truly,
Ed Springston

9/11 Twenty-One Years later....

This will not be the post you expect from the headline. Fair warning..... Most remember the events of 9/11. How anyone could forget I have n...