Thursday, November 26, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Today is the one day a year set aside for us to give thanks. While so many of us see a lot that is wrong with the world sometimes it is easy to forget day to day to be thankful for all that is right.

For myself I am thankful for my family first and foremost. Without them I would be nothing.

I am thankful for my friends who always seem to be there when I need them the most and I never know how they know that I need them. I am thankful for waking up each day when the alternative is so much worse.

I am thankful that no matter what I still live in the freest nation on earth even with all our problems. I am thankful for those who may disagree with me so that I may have an opportunity to see the other side and learn.

Though the last year has been a tough one for so many, including me, I am thankful for the lessons learned and the chance to make it better.

I am thankful for our veterans and soldiers who sacrifice so much for us that so many take for granted. I pray for them and their families that someday we may know peace.

And I am thankful for each and every one of you who get involved and help try to make a difference.

While we may not always agree on the issues or how to solve them one day we shall overcome our differences and find a way to fix them.

I am thankful to each and every one of you who make this site a part of your day and make the MyViewMatters Radio Show a part of your week. Without you all this would be meaningless.

With so many things to be thankful for one would think I would run out of things to write about here. That will not happen anytime soon I assure you.

On this day I want to take the time to say thanks to you all. I also want to remind you each of one thing.

There are more important things in our lives sometimes than this.

Our families, friends, reaching out to those in need, these are what make us who we are and make this world a better place.

On this day I hope that most of us remember that and let them know just how much we appreciate them.

So HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all. I will see you next week.

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading LNP. Open and honest discussions of local politics and relevant issues is important to voter understanding. Please listen to the "Ed Springston Show". We broadcast Monday through Thursday evenings at 7 PM on local media outlets. Please check for the links.
Yours truly,
Ed Springston

9/11 Twenty-One Years later....

This will not be the post you expect from the headline. Fair warning..... Most remember the events of 9/11. How anyone could forget I have n...