Thursday, December 18, 2008

ADVERTISING, FUNDRAISING JUST SEND US MONEY LOL

Some have asked if I would allow advertising on this site. For a couple of months now I have been wrestling with that question myself. I cannot express how appreciative I am for the readership of this blog and the massive support it has received. It is because of this that I even have the question before me of having advertisers.

Heckuva problem to have isn't it?

I must confess my initial reaction was to never use advertisers on this site. I do not want to feel like I "owe" anyone. I have the Mayor I guess to thank for that mindset. I also must admit I do this for free for the people. It is totally enjoyable and I love every minute of it.

With that being said, I have to admit that this blog has become a full time job in itself. And does cost money used for open records requests etc. My wife thinks I am nuts and cries every time I hit the checkbook for the blog. Seriously I will get you pics!

In the interests of marital harmony (after 25 years of marriage I better be nice huh) I have decided to forgo my initial hesitation about selling ad space on this site or asking for donations. As much as I know money is tight for everyone it is also tight for us as well. We live here too. Funding is a necessary evil to continue getting the message out to each of you.

It also is a necessary evil to continuing working full time on this site. In order to take us to the next level I need to get freed up to attend all the garbage, I mean meetings etc, that the Mayor does during the day. This means working towards this blog as a full time paid job somehow. I hope you understand.

With all that said anyone interested in advertising, or making donations, on Louisville News and Politics can simply click here contact me. Or call me at (502)742-8519.

I mean hey if I am going to beg I may as well beg everyone huh?

:-)

1 comment:

  1. Remember Ed, you can always reject any ad that you feel uncomfortable with.

    Paul Hosse
    Another Opinion

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading LNP. Open and honest discussions of local politics and relevant issues is important to voter understanding. Please listen to the "Ed Springston Show". We broadcast Monday through Thursday evenings at 7 PM on local media outlets. Please check for the links.
Yours truly,
Ed Springston

9/11 Twenty-One Years later....

This will not be the post you expect from the headline. Fair warning..... Most remember the events of 9/11. How anyone could forget I have n...